Wednesday, September 8, 2021

SSJ Homework DUE: Wednesday, September 15, 2021

 DO NOT SUBMIT ANYTHING TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM YET.

Copy and paste these sentences into your shared Google doc right under your name and date stamp.  Use the date "DUE: Saturday, August 28, 2021."  Label as HOMEWORK.


ASSIGNMENT:

Find the banned words. Rewrite each sentence without the banned words, and BE SURE to make the sentence better.

1. Toby saw the deer, aimed his camera, and hoped he would get a great shot.

REVISED SENTENCE

2. Under the umbrella it got very crowded when all of  Jinny's friends tried to get out of the rain.

REVISED SENTENCE

3. He looked thirsty so I gave him some water.

REVISED SENTENCE

4. My neighbor said that there had been a raccoon eating out of her trashcan the night before.

REVISED SENTENCE

5. Our favorite store was going out of business because sales had gone down drastically during COVID.

REVISED SENTENCE

6. His sister went to my school and I never knew it.

REVISED SENTENCE

7. After finalizing the dates for the swim meet we gave the information to the newspaper.

REVISED SENTENCE

8. Why did she go to the mall when she could have gone to the resale shop?

REVISED SENTENCE

9. It is wonderful to come home to a home cooked meal.

REVISED SENTENCE

10. Darla said that Megan went to get a big pizza.

REVISED SENTENCE

11. Her dress was pretty until she fell into the mud puddle.

REVISED SENTENCE

12. My dog is bigger than your dog, so they will never both fit into the car with us. 

REVISED SENTENCE

13. Whoever said that we should invite then to come visit was crazy!

REVISED SENTENCE

14. I hope Santa when comes to my house he does not get stuck in the chimney!

REVISED SENTENCE

15.  My Mom told me to eat my vegetables or I would not get dessert.

REVISED SENTENCE

16. It is good to finish homework before going out to hang with friends.

REVISED SENTENCE

17. It was nice of the driver to slow down in order to avoid hitting the dog.

REVISED SENTENCE

18. My brother came home with a black eye and got into so much trouble!

REVISED SENTENCE

19. The teacher gave him an award for perfect attendance.

REVISED SENTENCE

20. I saw the cat stalk the unsuspecting bird, so I got a horn and blew it to scare the bird away.

REVISED SENTENCE

21. We invited them to come eat with us on Thursday.

REVISED SENTENCE

22. There is a pretty good chance that it will rain, so I got my big umbrella.

REVISED SENTENCE

23. Tacos are my favorite thing to eat for dinner.

REVISED SENTENCE

24. Ancient scrolls are looked at with extra care.

REVISED SENTENCE

25. Cars go too fast on the school road, and something should be done to stop it!

REVISED SENTENCE



Kael, Julian, Andre, Aiden, Kat, Stein, Sarah - 

Choose three of  your revised sentences from this list, and weave them into an amazing essay (fiction, of course). You may revise slightly differently depending on the context in which you want to use the sentences.
Highlight the sentences in blue, so I can find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment